WELCOME TO CLASS 4
Class 4 is a mixed year 4/5 class taught by Miss Nash. Our class is supported in the mornings by Mr Pollard and Mrs Staves.
Guided Reading sessions, Numeracy and Literacy lessons usually take place on a morning, with Foundation subjects in the afternoon (with the exception of Tuesday mornings, when Literacy is taught in the afternoon). Many of the Foundation subjects are linked to a topic and we have a cross curricular approach. We are very lucky as we have specialists to teach us PE. Our topic changes each half term/termly - keep an eye out for our termly newsletters which tell you what we will be learning.
In Class 4 you will be expected to:
- Listen to others and respect their views
- Respect class property and other people’s belongings
- Follow instructions the first time
- Use our hands and feet kindly
- Have a positive attitude, be kind and show good manners
Things to remember in Class 4:
- Bring a water bottle in daily
- Do your homework and bring it to school on a Thursday morning. This includes Mathletics as well as some form of written homework.
- Read regularly at home and record in your reading log, signed by an adult (checked each Friday morning). Children are now free readers and can read any book of their own choice.
- Practise times tables and spellings (spelling tests are on Tuesdays). Year 4 children will take a compulsory times table check.
- Look after your own things and make sure that all your uniform is clearly labelled. That way we do not miss too much learning time trying to find our clothes!
- Remember swimming kits on a Tuesday morning (if in year4) and PE kits on Tuesday (if year 5) and Thursday afternoons.
Miss Nash is available either before or after school to discuss any issues you might have.