WELCOME TO CLASS 5
Class 5, also known as The Fierce Five, is a mixed year 5/6 class taught by Mrs McGee. Our class is supported in the mornings by Mrs Langdale, Mrs Pinfield or Mrs Staves. We will also have some intervention support in the afternoons.
Being the oldest in school, we will be focusing on being good role models and working hard to achieve our best. We should now be demonstrating our growing independence and responsibility, making sure that we listen carefully, follow instructions and remember our belongings such as spellings, homework, reading logs and PE kits.
In Class 5, we have agreed to:
- Always put 100% into all subjects.
- Listen to and respect other people’s ideas, opinions and interests, even if they’re different to our own.
- Concentrate on our work and leave other people to concentrate on theirs.
- Follow instructions that are given to us straight away.
- Put our hand up instead of getting out of our seat or shouting out.
- Try and sort small problems out ourselves.
- Have fun!
Things to remember in Class 5:
- Bring a water bottle in daily.
- Do your homework and bring it to school on a Friday morning.
- Read regularly at home and record in your reading log, signed by an adult (these will be checked regularly).
- Practise times tables and spellings (spelling tests are on Tuesdays).
- Have PE kits in school throughout the week. Our PE lessons will be on Wednesdays and Fridays however there may be occasions when this may change and you should have your kit available.
I am available either before or after school to discuss any issues you might have. I hope you will enjoy your time in Class 5 – we have some exciting topics to cover and I am looking forward to a successful year together.