Welcome to Class 3’s page!
Hello and welcome to Class 3’s page!
Class 3 is a mixed Year3/4 class taught by Miss Wilson and is supported in the mornings by Mrs Firth and Mrs Staves.
Guided reading sessions, Maths and Literacy lessons are usually taught on a morning and the foundation subjects are taught in the afternoon. Many of the foundation subjects plus our literacy lessons are linked to a topic, which we change each half term. The children enjoy cross-curricular learning and will often discuss their topics with parents at home.
We are lucky enough to be taught PE by a sports coach on a Monday afternoon and a Tuesday morning (Year 4s go swimming on a Tuesday morning). We also have a music specialist who comes into our class on a Thursday to teach recorders. Mrs Norton teaches our Science, RE and French lessons on a Wednesday and Thursday.
In class 3 we enjoy learning! We learn from each other by listening and discussing. We follow instructions first time and have a positive attitude towards making the right choices. We share ideas, take turns and have fun!
In class 3 we must remember:
- To do our homework and bring it in to school on a Thursday morning.
- To read regularly at home and record it in our reading log, signed by an adult hoping to achieve ‘Reader of the week.’
- To practise our spellings for our spelling test on a Thursday.
- To be independent and look after our own things.
- To bring PE kits on a Monday and Tuesday (Y4 swimming kits)
Miss Wilson is available before or after school if you wish to discuss any concerns you may have.